Re: fair use of the word Debian

(Note I'm cc'ing debian-devel to get more interest in this discussion ,
but please keep all the discussion itself on debian-legal)

I see people sidestepping the real issue here. The relevant question
is: do we have any problem with a company that uses the word `Debian'
in its name? And related: do we have any problem with a company that
uses the word `Debian' in a product description or domain-name?

Examples of the first issue:
  Debian System Labs
  Instant Debian Support Inc.

Examples of the second issue:
  debian-cd.com
  debiansupport.com
  Yoyodyne Desktop Linux, based on Debian GNU/Linux

I'm not in favour of condoning the first, but I'm not sure sure about
the second.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl