getting kernel 2.2 into slink

Would anyone object if kernel 2.2 were packaged up at least as a
kernel-source package for slink? 2.0.3x would remain slink's default kernel,
would be used on the boot disks, etc, but this would let people get ahold of
kernel 2.2 easily on a debian cdrom, and it would let us say that debian
supports 2.2. (I was at a LUG meeting the other day, and I was asked about
this very thing a couple of times; people obviously care about it.)

Brian, would this be too grave a violation of your "no new code" rule?

(For those not yet in the know -- kernel 2.2 will probably be released next
week.)

--
see shy jo