Re: All Debian Sources HTTP-accessible

Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Technically, this probably only involves something that detects all
> changes (new packages/new versions/deletions) of source packages in the
> archive and then downloads and extracts this new version and some
> (mod-perl?)-magic that syntax-highlights the files if desired by the
> user.

How about importing all packages into one huge Subversion repository.
That way, you could also easily request diffs between two versions and
the like. ViewCVS would provide the syntax highlighting you mentioned.
I'd be quite interested in how Subversion copes with a repository that
size.

I know that somebody proposed this a while ago (using CVS). Did that
ever get started?

Roland