Javascript libraries in debian

Hi all,

presently we have two two (at least) javascript libraries in debian,
one NGS javascript interpreter and one from the spidermonkey
interpreter. Upstream, both parties use libjs as library name. With
the NGS interpreter being first packaged for debian, the maintainer of
the spidermonkey libs chose to rename the library to libsmjs. That is
now highly inconvenient for me, building a package against the
library, because I have to patch the upstream sources to use the new
name for the library.

What would be a good way to deal with the situation? Is it sufficient
to let both packages conflict with each other?

Regards,
Sebastian

--
PGP-Key: http://www.mmweg.rwth-aachen.de/~sebastian.ley/public.key
Fingerprint: A46A 753F AEDC 2C01 BE6E  F6DB 97E0 3309 9FD6 E3E6