Re: Browsers which do not know how to handle mailto

Em Seg, 2004-01-26 às 19:45, Joe Wreschnig escreveu:
> On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 13:13, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > when I tried to introduce my family into some issues of our home setup
> > I found out that neither Galeon nor Mozilla-Firebird are able to handle
> > mailto URLs.  Perhaps this is a Gnome issue that this protocol is not
> > predefined but I regard it inacceptable that a finished installation
> > of a desktop is - well, not useable for an unexperienced user.  These
> > browsers should get a sane configuration to call "mail-reader"
> > instead of throwing errors.
>
> Did you configure your GNOME mail reader in (Foot Menu)->Desktop
> Preferences->Preferred Applications->Mail Reader? I have mine set to
> Evolution, and mailto: links work fine for me in Galeon.

Yes, Galeon works. But what about Firebird? I use it and everytime I
need to send an email I need to use the context-menu to select "Copy
E-mail Address" and then paste in Evolution. Very annoying, but IMHO the
only way to modify this behavior is changing Firebird code.

	Cheers,
		Felipe Almeida Lessa.