Re: [debian-devel] Re: which policy checker?

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Josip Rodin wrote:

> You assign way too much value to the latest two revisions. Try reading
> upgrading-checklist.txt. In general, relying on automated tools to check
> packages, rather than inspecting them manually based on actual (*gasp*!)
> knowledge of policy, isn't particularly smart.
Well for sure.  But it bothers me because I use "debuild" to build my
packages which automatically calls lintian after building the packages and
it is really annoying to be informed about the fact that lintian does not
know the latest policy version.  IMHO it is a lintian bug to hardcode the
policy version to check against instead at least verifying an installed
policy version.

Kind regards

          Andreas.