RE: Debian for x86-64 (AMD Opteron)

Daniel Whelan wrote:

> At any rate, what is the status of this? Is hardware the only thing
> we're waiting for?

Quite probably.  x86-64 isn't a terribly difficult architecture to port to,
especially given the groundwork that's been done by SuSE and AMD with the
kernel and glibc, and the work Debian has put into making sure that most of
our userspace is 64-bit clean and fairly architecture agnostic.

If I had hardware, I'd happily bootstrap the port and dedicate a fair chunk
of time to bringing it up to date as quickly as possible.  I don't have the
patience to do that in an emulator, however.

... Adam