Re: ifupdown writes to /etc... a bug?

* Goswin Brederlow <goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de> [030331 04:27]:
> Anything that reads thos files would have to be realy braindead not to
> follow a symlink. Only problem are tools writing to the file by
> creating a temporary and then moving that.

We are not talking about symlinks. /etc/{passwd,shadow,group,gshadow}
are perfect where they are and symlinking them to other places would
be strange. We are talking about addional databases somewhere else, that
are transperantly added using nss-modules.

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link

--
Sendmail is like emacs: A nice operating system, but missing
an editor and a MTA.