Re: Offer to help DD's who maintain games

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 10:28:58PM -0500, H. S. Teoh wrote:

> I've noticed in recent months a recurring problem in games that spawn off
> a soundserver to manage sound output. This especially concerns those games
> that are written from scratch (ie., not using clanlib or some other game
> development toolkit, which presumably do things right :-).

  One recurring problem I've noticed with many of our games is improper
 enviromnental variable handling.

  This typically allows malicious users to become group 'games',
 recent examples exist such as #174924, and #176824.

  I've been steadily working my way through the games, after starting
 with gtetrinet (DSA-205) because they're usually easy targets - and I
 like playing them ;)

  Quite a lot of the packages I've looked at have had minor problems
 which I've mailed upstream about - rather than filing Debian bugs.

Steve
---