Re: radiusd-freeradius history and future

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 02:06:29PM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 01:21:53PM -0500, Chad Miller wrote:
> > In any case, I'm not satisfied that it's ready to be in at the moment.
> > Since "willing to support" is ultimately a function of the qualities of
> > the maintainer, I'm willing to step aside if someone else thinks it's
> > ready for Sarge and is willing to support it.  If not, I'll continue
> > marching with upstream's slow plod toward "stable" and reinsert it into
> > Sid when it's ready.

in an email to Chad I clarified that I didn't want to 'rob' the
package.

> radiusd-freeradius packages, with yet another Debian developer who was
> using freeradius in the wild.  Since ISTRT system administration is

What's "ISTRT"?

> freeradius user makes five), my feeling is that we ought to put our
> heads together, stop maintaining our own private binaries, and get some
> packages out there (even unofficially) to save on duplication of effort.

Well spoken, I second that.

To make a start, I think these five people should get to know who each
other is.

My reading of the lists yields the following names of persons interested
in freeradius:

- Wichert Akkermann
- Chad Miller
- Steve Langasek
- Marc Haber
- Toni Mueller (me)

Of course, corrections are welcome! I'm about sure to have missed
someone.

The licensing issue brought forward by Chad should be resolved somehow.

Best,
--Toni++