Re: Why are modules and modules.conf not versioned?

#include <hallo.h>
* Wichert Akkerman [Mon, Nov 11 2002, 12:12:24PM]:
> > Boot-floppies drop the name of the selected network card in there to
> > have the module loaded, so I'd call /etc/modules pretty vital for the
> > current mode of operation in Debian.
>
> In that case boot-floppies are buggy, they should do something like
> create a /etc/modutils/hardware file with an alias for eth0.

To do this, we would need to "know" that the user loaded a driver
providing eth0, since there is no hardware detection that could classify
the drivers. So nothing really feasible.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
B.Gates: quality software  ::  R.McDonald: gourmet cuisine