Re: Legal Advice for Pennies a day!!

On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 08:52:26PM +0000, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 12:49:58PM -0500, Jim Penny wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 11:00:35PM -0800, PrePaid@murphy.debian.org wrote:
>
> > Now, wait a blooming second.  You are misrepresenting yourself in the
> > email headers as being part of debian.org.  There is no one with last
>
> That'll most likely be murphy seeing an e-mail address with no host part
> and postpending @murphy.debian.org to it rather than them adding it
> themselves.

No, these included three addresses;
"PrePaid@murphy.debian.org", "Legal@murphy.debian.org",
"Services@murphy.debian.org, Inc.  <jsearcy@mail.com>".

I do not see any way murphy could have generated the last one.  Looks
clearly intentional.

See
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2002/debian-devel-200211/msg00167.html
and look at the From and Sender fields.

Or, on further review, maybe murphy is doing this!  Maybe he had some
sort of misquoted email address like
PrePaid Legal Services, Inc. <jsearcy@mail.com>
and murphy turn that into.

I am not a postfix user.  But that seems like a deucedly odd thing to
do.  What is the rationalle for doing something like this?

Jim Penny