Renaming of automake to automake1.4

The automake saga continues. We now have 4 automake packages in
unstable: automake, automake1.5, automake1.6 and automake1.7. They all
work or don't work on various Makefile.am's and various versions of
autoconf. I was hoping we could get automake1.5 out of archive,
because it is buggy and out of date, but there are still quite a few
packages that depend on it.

Anyway, I would like to rename the automake package to
automake1.4. I want to do this for various reasons: Make the package
names more consistent; Avoid user confusion (I have automake
installed, why do I need automake1.7?); And, hopefully, promote the
use of later versions of automake. The automake1.4 package will still
provide the virtual package automake, and will be the only package to
do so. All the automake packages will provide the virtual package
automaken (in the same spirit as emacsen) if you need to depend on any
version of automake.

The only problem with this rename is that packages with a version
Build-Depend on automake will stop building from source (Of course I
hope people realize build-depending on automake is a bad
idea). Luckily there are only 22 packages with this problem:

abiword
allegro4
avifile
bison
gmanedit
gpgp
kdeadmin
kdebase
kdebindings
kdegraphics
kdelibs
kdemultimedia
kdenetwork
kdepim
kdeutils
marbles
mysql-dfsg
progsreiserfs
ratpoison
sjog
xkbsel
xwrits

This is a heads up to the maintainers of those source packages that
the will have to fix things when this change goes through. I will file
the bugs if necessary. I hope no one has any serious problems with
this.

--
Eric Dorland <dorland@lords.com>
ICQ: #61138586, Jabber: hooty@jabber.com