Re: Debbugs and ACK messages

On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 10:38:30PM +0200, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> Hi Doug!
>
> You wrote:
>
> > I suspect there will be enough people on both sides of this
> > issue.  How about defaulting to non-verbose behavior, and having
> > a `-verbose' variant of all the BTS addresses (or even the
> > opposite).  Then those who prefer to receive an acknowledgement
> > can mail submit-verbose@bugs.debian.org and so on...
>
> Or how about just adding a simple procmail rule if you don't want the
> ACK's?

Because the point of my original message was to not clutter everyone
who doesn't want them with ACKs.  For instance, users, and third-party
bug tracking systems.  This was prompted by the GCC GNATS system, which
has dozens of PRs created by these ACKs.  There's no good reason GNATS
should have to know anything about Debbugs.

Why send out messages with no informational content if all or most
people are just going to discard them?