Re: Bug Tags

  This is very neat and looks like an elegant solution to the problem
of providing more information on bugs.  A few comments and questions:

On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 09:32:16AM +1000, Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> was heard to say:
> 	wontfix
> 		This bug won't be fixed. Possibly because this is a
> 		choice between two arbitrary ways of doing things and
> 		the maintainer and submitter prefer different ways of
> 		doing things, possibly because changing the behaviour
> 		will cause other, worse, problems for others, or possibly
> 		for other reasons.

  Would it be possible to add a slightly less final version of this tag?
  "wontfixsoon", maybe..
  I don't have any bugs that I'm never planning to fix, but there are some
which would be difficult to fix without major redesigns, and thus have a
lower priority on my list-of-things-to-do than simple-to-fix bugs.

  Also, I'm not clear on what the stable tag is meant for.  Should any bug
pertaining only to the version in "stable" be flagged with it, or only
RCBs?

   Thanks,
  Daniel

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> -----------------\
|  Afternoon, n.:                                                             |