[Artwork] Preliminary result of the survey for the default artwork for Buster

Hi all

(Please CC me, I'm not subscribed to debian-desktop mailing list).
Note: 3rd attempt of sending this (the other messages probably dropped
because of size of attached files), sorry if you get this several times.

TL;DR
=====

*Preliminary* results of the survey, 3646 completed votes, winner of the
survey seems to be:

futurePrototype
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianArt/Themes/futurePrototype

Tally sheet is tally2.csv and the details of the condorcet calculation
in buster_artwork_results.txt (available at
https://people.debian.org/~larjona/vote/buster-artwork/ ).
I'm sending this here for peer review, and I'll check in the following
hours with other tools too.
You can inspect the responses from the original website and do your own
calculations (see section 0 of the long version, or read the whole long
version).

Long version
============

On January 6th 23:59h the survey closed and I have used the tool
"pocket-devotee" to figure out the Condorcet winner.
I've had to do some manual work in the export file that LimeSurvey
provides, and I am a human, and I would like to check also with other
tools that can calculate the Condorcet winner, so please take these
results as preliminary (comments and corrections are welcome).

0.- The survey results are accessible and exportable by anybody going to

https://surveys.debian.net/admin
and using the following credentials:
user: visitor_debian
password: Debian10

1.- I've done this, and then clicked in "List available Surveys",
"Debian Buster Artwork Survey", "Responses" > "Responses & Statistics"
and then we have:
Full responses	3646
Incomplete responses	2754
Total responses	6400

(note: incomplete responses are the ones that chose less than 3 options
in their ranking, or left the survey without submitting. I have
discarded those, since the question in the survey requested to choose at
least 3 options).

2.- Then I have gone to "Export"> "Export responses", chose export
format CSV, Completion state: Completed responses only, and "Export
questions as" question codes. Then I clicked on the button "Export" and
got the file results-survey823746.csv (downloadable from
https://people.debian.org/~larjona/vote/buster-artwork/results-survey823746.csv
).

3.- I copied the csv file into a new one, called "tally0.csv". Then I
opened tally0.csv with LibreOffice Calc, and removed the columns:
submitdate, lastpage, startlanguage, seed, and the first row (with name
of columns). I added a new column right after the first one (with the ID
numbers), and fulfilled it with ":". Then I saved the file as CSV
(downloadable from
https://people.debian.org/~larjona/vote/buster-artwork/tally0.csv ).

4.- I copied the tally0.csv into a new file, called "tally1.csv". I
opened tally1.csv with my favourite editor and did the following search
and replace:

",:," replaced with ": "
",," replaced with "" (nothing)
"," replaced with " > "
" > \n" replaced with "\n"

I saved the file (downloadable from
https://people.debian.org/~larjona/vote/buster-artwork/tally1.csv )

5.- I copied the tally1.csv into a new file, called tally2.csv.
I opened tally2.csv with my favourite editor and did the following
search and replace:

komodo -> A
SynchronizedMotions -> B
Droplets -> C
MoonLight -> D
LostDog -> E
futurePrototype -> F
bestFriend -> G
simpleOutlook -> H
LooseTail -> I
E-legance -> J
Dog in Harmony -> K

I took the order from the wiki page of the Artwork.
I tried first using pocket-devotee with the complete names but it didn't
work, so I did the substitution. I saved the file (downloadable from
https://people.debian.org/~larjona/vote/buster-artwork/tally2.csv )

6.- I cloned the tech-ctte repo from salsa:
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/tech-ctte/ and ran the following command:

./tech-ctte/scripts/pocket-devotee \
>  --option 'A:komodo' --option 'B:SynchronizedMotions' --option
'C:Droplets' \
>  --option 'D:MoonLight' --option 'E:LostDog'  --option
'F:futurePrototype' \
>  --option 'G:bestFriend'  --option 'H:simpleOutlook'  --option
'I:LooseTail' \
>  --option 'J:E-legance'  --option 'K:Dog in Harmony' \
>  --option 'Z:undefined' --default-option 'Z'< ./buster/tally2.csv >
./buster/buster_artwork_results.txt

7.- The results: buster_artwork_results.txt which shows that
the winner of the survey is futurePrototype. (downloadable from
https://people.debian.org/~larjona/vote/buster-artwork/buster_artwork_results.txt
).

Kind regards,

--