Re: menu management

In addition, it would be nice if there was a way that by using DebConf a
user could answer a question like:

#> dpkg-reconfigure menu
#> Do you want menus to use the following layout:
1. Strict (Only Gnome. No sub-menu for Debian)
2. Normal (the way it is now)
3. Popularity Contest (Gnome menu to show only most popular apps)
4. Custom (do not ever update my menu. Thank you very much)

I have no idea how hard/easy this would be to implement.
Just a thought...