Debian derivatives census: Lotos: welcome!

Hi,

I would like to welcome OS Lotos to the Debian derivatives census!
Would you like to take this opportunity to introduce Lotos to us all?

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/Lotos

It would be great if you could join our mailing list and IRC channel:

https://wiki.debian.org/DerivativesFrontDesk

I would encourage you to look at Debian's guidelines for derivatives:

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines

You may want to look at our census QA page, some of the mails from
there may apply to Lotos.

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/CensusQA

You don't appear to be subscribed to the Lotos census page,
I've made a few changes to the Lotos census page:

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/Lotos?action=info

Would it be possible for you to add the Lotos sources.list to the wiki
page? This will eventually help feed back patches and new packages to
Debian developers.

I note that Lotos is based on Debian stable. A great way to help ensure
that the next Debian release is working well is to install and run the
how-can-i-help tool and try to work on any issues that come up.

https://wiki.debian.org/how-can-i-help
https://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=837
https://packages.debian.org/unstable/how-can-i-help

There doesn't appear to be an RSS feed for the Lotos blog. If this
existed it would be syndicated on Planet Debian derivatives and would
help the Debian community find out the things that are happening in
Lotos.

https://planet.debian.org/deriv/

There don't appear to be any organised local Debian groups in Russia.
There are a few Debian contributors in Russia, the closest to you are
in Yekaterinburg in case you are interested in meeting Debian
contributors or organising a local Debian group.

https://wiki.debian.org/LocalGroups
https://wiki.debian.org/Keysigning/Offers#RU
https://wiki.debian.org/Keysigning/Need#RU_-_Russian_Federation
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianLocations

Next year the annual Debian conference is in Haifa, Israel. It would be
great if developers from Lotos could attend DebConf. If this isn't
possible, bids for the following year are in progress for India,
Sweden, Kosovo, Portugal and possibly Germany.

https://wiki.debian.org/DebConf/20
https://wiki.debian.org/DebConf/21

I would encourage Instreamcom Ltd (the Lotos corporate sponsor)
to contribute financially to ensure the continued survival of Debian
and the success of the annual Debian conference.

https://www.debian.org/donations
https://debconf.org/sponsors/
https://debconf19.debconf.org/sponsors/become-a-sponsor/

I would encourage any attendees to volunteer to ensure the continued
the success of the annual Debian conference, here are some examples of
things that need helpers.

https://wiki.debian.org/DebConf/19/Volunteer
https://debconf-video-team.pages.debian.net/docs/volunteer_roles.html

I note there is another Debian derivative from Russia called Astra
Linux, are you in contact with them?

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/AstraLinux

You might want to consider adding DNSSEC to your domains, TLSA records
and SSL to some of your domains. SSL on the repository will help Lotos
users to obscure package names and version numbers from global active
adversaries. You might also want to add HSTS headers.

http://dnsviz.net/d/instreamcom.com/
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Guidelines/Web_Security

Please feel free to circulate this mail within the Lotos team.

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise