Debian derivatives census: CoreBiz: welcome Achim Leitner!

Hi Achim, all,

Achim Leitner has taken over maintenance of the CoreBiz page in the
Debian derivatives census. Thanks and welcome to the census! Achim,
would you like to take this opportunity to introduce yourself and your
role within CoreBiz to us all?

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/CoreBiz?action=diff....

It would be great if you could join our mailing list and IRC channel:

https://wiki.debian.org/DerivativesFrontDesk

I would encourage you to look at Debian's guidelines for derivatives:

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines

You may want to look at our census QA page, some of the mails from
there may apply to CoreBiz.

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/CensusQA

I've made a few changes to the CoreBiz census page:

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/CoreBiz?action=info

You don't appear to be subscribed to the CoreBiz census error output,
please add a line containing email addresses separated by spaces. Since
CoreBiz doesn't have a public apt repo, the only mails that will happen
will be if the logo image URL becomes missing or broken.

 * Subscribers: someone@example.org

I note that CoreBiz is based on Ubuntu. I seem to remember that it used
to be based on Debian, it would be interesting to hear about that
transition.

The page is missing a dpkg vendor field. It is important that Debian
derivatives set this properly on installed systems and mention the
value of the field in the derivatives census.

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines#Vendor

The CoreBiz blog doesn't appear to have an RSS/Atom feed. If these
existed they would be syndicated on Planet Debian derivatives and would
help the Debian community find out the things that are happening in
CoreBiz.

https://planet.debian.org/deriv/

Since CoreBiz is based in Munich, Germany you might be interested in
joining the Debian Muc group.

https://wiki.debian.org/LocalGroups#Germany
https://wiki.debian.org/LocalGroups/DebianMuc

This year the annual Debian conference is in Curitiba, Brazil. It would
be great if developers from CoreBiz could attend DebConf. If this isn't
possible, next year DebConf will be in Haifa, Israel.

https://debconf$dcyear.debconf.org/

I would encourage Linux Information Systems AG (the CoreBiz corporate
sponsor) to contribute financially to ensure the continued survival of
Debian and the success of the annual Debian conference.

https://www.debian.org/donations
https://debconf.org/sponsors/
https://debconf19.debconf.org/sponsors/become-a-sponsor/

I would encourage any attendees to volunteer to ensure the continued
the success of the annual Debian conference, here are some examples of
things that need helpers.

https://wiki.debian.org/DebConf/19/Volunteer
https://debconf-video-team.pages.debian.net/docs/volunteer_roles.html

I note that CoreBiz has paid positions open. If any of the positions
are about contributing to FLOSS projects, you could advertise them on
FOSSjobs. If any of the positions are related using or contributing to
Debian, you could advertise them on debian-jobs. If any of them involve
the use of FLOSS, you might like to advertise them on the other FLOSS
related job aggregators.

https://www.fossjobs.net/
https://lists.debian.org/debian-jobs/
https://github.com/fossjobs/fossjobs/wiki/resources#job-aggregators

I note that CoreBiz uses GNOME and the debian-installer, I would
encourage you to provide feedback and fixes to the teams.

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Team
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianGnome

Please feel free to circulate this mail within the CoreBiz team.

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise