Re: Debian derivatives census: ArcheOS: status?

Dear Paul,
I am Luca, one of the developers of ArcheOS.
Regarding its status, I have to say that we have problems in further develop our project due to the fact we did not have a great feedback from the community of ArcheOS. The problem was/is that most of the archaeologists that approached ArcheOS became users, but not developers. Thank to the help of Fabrizio Furnari we were able to move the project to Debian and start source packaging (also thanks the great help of the French archaeologist Romain Janvier), but maybe the step has been to big for us, because of the amount of hours to dedicate to packaging. Me and my friends of Arc-Team are very busy with our work (and families :)) and all we were able to do in the last years was to test new software to add into ArcheOS (the software selections takes us a lot of time because we have to use the software in professional projects to understand which of the many solutions is the best and often we have to use a combination of several software of the same time, e.g. GIS, to reach a good compromise). Moreover we started in 2006 to work with open hardware in archaeology, especially for extreme missions (UAV, ROV, etc...), and its integration with ArcheOS takes also a lot of time (currently we re using ROS with several SLAM nodes). The result is that we are going on in experimenting new things, with good results, continuously updating our ArcheOS version, without being able to release a community version (with repositories and all).

Do you think it would be possible to transform ArcheOS into an official Debian project or subproject, in order to have an help in source-packaging (or also just in packaging)?
Is Debian Pure Blend something similar?
We are open to any solutions

PS
we are also not able to update in time our research in our blog ATOR (http://arc-team-open-research.blogspot.com/), but I will try to write more in the next months

Thanks for your time and have a nice day!