Re: Debian derivatives census: Canaima: status?

Hi Luis, José and list,

Can we help with mirroring or disaster recovery site?

From Zevenet all our support is granted,
Cheers.

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 4:06 PM Luis Alejandro Martínez Faneyth <luis@luisalejandro.org> wrote:
Hi Paul, José, thanks for reaching.

As José comments, there are multiple problems right now in Venezuela (economic, politics, social) and the Canaima distribution is being profoundly affected by the country's situation. Canaima development is likely to continue but with difficulties and considerable slow downs, specially related with poor storage and precarious bandwidth (govt can't afford a better service).

On another note, although I'm constantly in touch with CNTI personnel to get fresh Canaima info, I no longer work there. So, perhaps is better for Canaima if I remain a legacy developer as José. I'll put you in contact with a .gob.ve official that can update the derivatives info with more frequency.

Thanks again for reaching.

Luis

El mié., 13 de mar. de 2019 a la(s) 09:37, Paul Wise (pabs@debian.org) escribió:
On Wed, 2019-03-13 at 13:22 +0000, Jose Miguel Parrella Romero wrote:

> Paul, thanks for reaching out.
> We don't know what Venezuela will look like in a week or a month or a
> year, but I think I speak on behalf of Luis when I say it's likely
> Canaima development will continue. If you and the team could please
> give Luis some time to get back to you, we'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for the information and apologies for my ignorance of the
situation in Venezuela, I had no idea things are that bad. It is of
course very understandable that Canaima is of low priority right now.

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

--
Luis Alejandro Martínez Faneyth

CODE IS POETRY