Re: Debian derivatives census: Deepin: welcome!

On 07/30/2017 12:44 AM, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sun, 2017-07-30 at 00:14 +0800, Felix Yan wrote:
>
>> Hardware side, we focus on x86_64, mips64el and alpha.
>
> That is interesting, I thought alpha was a dead architecture. Also,
> your census page mentions armhf but not either of mips64el or alpha.
> If alpha wasn't a typo for armhf, then your alpha engineers might want
> to get involved in the Debian alpha port, which is no longer a release
> architecture but still worked on by some enthusiasts.
>
> https://www.ports.debian.org/
> https://www.debian.org/ports/alpha/
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-alpha/
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/architecture.php?a=alpha&suite=sid

Actually it's Sunway (SW-3 is based on Alpha 21164). The assembly
instructions are not the same as alpha. We need a better name for it
than alpha to avoid confusion :)

I have corrected the architectures field in the wiki.

>> The entries I listed are for latest community edition, we also have a
>> professional version (based on jessie) for enterprises and I thought it
>> would be confusing to list them together. Please correct me if this was
>> meant to list all apt repos unconditionally.
>
> Yeah, it is meant to list all the apt repositories. You can separate
> the different editions with comments.

I see. Someone in our team says they are in the process to standardize
the repos, so I'll update accordingly after the changes have taken place.

--
Regards,
Felix Yan