Re: Debian derivatives & DebConf16?

Hi,

Paul Wise wrote (24 Mar 2016 05:19:28 GMT) :
> Who is involved in a Debian derivative and going to DebConf16?

> Who is involved in a Debian derivative and going to DebCamp16?

A few Tails people will be there.

> I don't intend to register any derivatives related events this year,
> but I will be around to talk about derivatives related things in the
> hallway track and to attend events others register.

I have a few ideas but was too busy so I've missed the deadline for
submission. We'll see what/how/if it can happen, if desired, less
formally or during DebCamp. FWIW here are those ideas:

1. Lightning talk -style show case for derivatives, with defined
   format, e.g.:

   * 3 things your derivative did in/for Debian last year
   * 3 things your derivative would like to see happen in Debian next
     year
   * […]

   And then, derivatives who are interested can simply join the
   lightning talks and we can ask the orga to schedule them in a row.

2. Skill sharing for derivatives about specific topics, such as:

   * APT repository / mirrors / snapshots management
   * anything else?

   This can be an informal hands-on session or two, e.g.
   during DebCamp.

3. Debian Live -using derivatives meeting:

   * live-boot: what are your plans wrt. dracut? What features can we
     drop to ease porting live-boot to dracut?

   * live-build: what are your plans? What features are we missing in
     live-wrapper?

Cheers,
--
intrigeri