Re: Build infrastructure.

On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 11:26 AM, peter green wrote:

> Wondering what the state of build infrastructure in different derivative is.

I have added two questions about this to the derivatives census
template (build website, build tools), it would be great if folks
could answer here and add the info to their census pages.

> What derivatives do large scale rebuilding of packages from Debian.

According to the derivatives census these also do:

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/AstraLinux
https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/Endless
https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/SteamOS
https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/Tanglu
https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/UniventionCorporateServer

These inactive derivatives used to:

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/SprezzOS
https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/StormOS
https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/UltimediaOS

 > "reproducable builds"

They use jenkins for this.

> "debian ports"

These are simply hooked up to the Debian wanna-build instance.

> i'm not sure if those count as derivatives or not

I'd say they are Debian subprojects.

> Do derivatives that don't do large scale rebuilding of packages from Debian
> tend to have build-infrastructure or do they just build packages manually?

I would hazard a guess that the ones that support multiple
architectures have some sort of build automation and the ones that
don't just build manually using pbuilder/etc.

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise