Re: Debian derivatives census: https for apt repositories

Paul Wise:
> Thanks to the Whonix folks for redirecting to https, which meant that I
> noticed the census didn't support that and then fixed it.

:)

FYI: We are using HSTS and your browser honors it and redirects you, I
guess. We however are not forcing/redirecting http to https for our apt
repository on the server level.

This means, apt-get is still free to download over http-only. This is
even still the default for Whonix 13. We decided its not worth to go for
https if the Debian repositories [normal and security] are unavailable
over https.

We might be changing by default to .onion repositories in future:

https://phabricator.whonix.org/T399

Cheers,
Patrick