Re: Debian derivatives census: Inquisitor: status?

On Tue, 2015-06-16 at 22:21 +0300, stargrave@fsfe.org wrote:

> Unfortunately I do not know about its current status, except that it is
> actively used at least in ETegro Technologies company (http://www.etegro.ru/).
> Development seems to be stopped, but project lives: it is rather mature
> and stable enough for satisfying mass hardware testing.

Thanks for the info. A mature stable project sounds like the perfect
thing to merge into Debian in the form of a Debian Pure Blend:

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends

There would need to be some packaging work initially but long-term
maintenance would probably be minimal and yield always-available live
images and offer the possibility of including hardware/firmware testing
at install time as well as bringing more users.

> Einarc is just a sub-project: utility for dealing with various RAID
> CLIs, that provides unified API. It is separate project, but required
> for the Inquisitor itself.

Yeah, I expected as much from the description.

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise