Re: Debian presence at UDS-R - call for topics

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 10:58:45PM +1100, Karl Goetz wrote:
> > - support for Debian suites in Ubuntu PPA
> >  + This would require LP changes. LP development is fairly quiet,
> > maintenance mode only.
>
> Is this an ongoing thing or only 'for the moment'?

My personal feeling, at the session and during conversations with
Canonical representatives, is that at this moment they are not willing
to invest extra resources in Launchpad development, be them mere
hardware or people resources. So, TBH, I don't see this changing anytime
soon. I guess stepping up to do the needed Launchpad changes and to
maintain the chroot might help, but I'm a clearly an outsider and can't
speak for the company.  If others on this list can and are willing to,
maybe they could clarify this even further.

Cheers.
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .