Re: choose your desktop, desktopchoice

Paul Wise left as an exercise for the reader:
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 12:18 PM, adrelanos wrote:
>
> > Where could I make a suggestions?
>
> I'm not really sure about this, I initially thought tasksel but it
> appears that is one thing that the tasksel devs did not want to
> implement:
>
> http://joeyh.name/code/tasksel/faq/
>
> I'd also like to see tasksel supporting Debian pure blends, but that
> appears to be another thing the tasksel devs did not want to implement

If a solution which ran with tasksel-like semantics would serve, adrelanos,
know that I've got on my plate something like tasksel but supporting
"hierarchal provision" -- if you select the desktop task, you get a
subselection (which likely will then drive preseed of tasksel/desktop). you
can change the installed solution here, or add another. removing all
solutions of a task unselects the task. likewise with "database" etc.
basically it's just explaining Provides: to tasksel.

this ought solve unsuccessful scenario #1 of joey's, and also #2. i'm not
sure what would give rise to his #3 save a broken display manager.

would this address your problem?

as for the minimal display area, so long as the installer is designed to
support the lowest common denominator, this seems it'll be be a problem.

--
nick black     http://www.sprezzatech.com -- unix and hpc consulting
to make an apple pie from scratch, you need first invent a universe.