DEX (Re: derivatives front desk status check)

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 03:53:34PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> It is a bit stalled indeed. More generally, my feeling is that DEX is
> doing well in terms of acceptance and (forthcoming) tooling but, at the
> same time, is having hard time in finding *targets*. Meaning with
> targets well-defined set of patches in need of merge. We've called for
> DEX targets repeatedly, including during the DebConf11 events you've
> mentioned, but with little success thus far.
>
> If we want to be optimists, we could conclude that no sets of patches
> from derivatives are in need of special treatment for being merged. But
> I seriously doubt that.
>
> Hence, we need to figure out why our calls for targets are not working
> and what could we do about that. Any idea?

To be honest I think a big part of the reason is that my new job diverted my
attention away from Debian.  I've had very little time to put into DEX,
either directly or through communication/coordination.

I'd like to see it continue, and maybe can spend some time at UDS in May
coming up with a plan for that.  Is anyone interested in helping keep it
going?

--
 - mdz