Re: census issues mails?

Hi Paul,

> With the derivatives census, when I've detected a specific class of
> issue (such as missing apt sources.list snippets or lack of source
> packages), I have generally BCCed the affected derivatives and not
> sent the mail anywhere else. I was wondering if I should be also
> sending the mail to the debian-derivatives list. To get an idea of the
> frequency and topics, please refer to the list at the end of this
> email.

I don't know how complicated it is to create additional pseudo packages in the
BTS , but if that's possible we could create "derivative-$NAMEOFDERIVATE"
pseudo packages in the Debian BTS.

Requests like yours can then be filed as bugs and triaged by the individual
distributions? This also allows a proper reference, if for example a specific
request cannot be fulfilled, the statement by the distribution is properly
archived and available through search engines.

Cheers,
Moritz
--
Moritz Mühlenhoff                         muehlenhoff@univention.de
Open Source Software Engineer and Consultant