Re: Getting NEW packages into Debian first

On 29/06/2011 17:09, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am 28.06.2011 10:12, schrieb Daniel Holbach:
>> What is your take on it?
>
> Thanks so much for your very positive feedback on it. I updated the
> Debian section on the wiki page and will have a look at simplifying it
> somewhat to present a bit more of a stream-lined process to newcomers
> who "just want their package in". :)

A tiny remark, the actual page says to look for potential packaging
updates on Debian's WebSVN. I believe a better link would be [1] since you
don't know in advance which $vcs some team is using.

Personally, I do check the PTS[2] which gives the information if
maintainers set up appropriate headers in debian/control, or ask or
relevant mailing-lists. As a last resort, I might check manually on [1]
but that would be really annoying.

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/
[2] http://packages.qa.debian.org/common/index.html

Regards,