Re: DEX Python 2.6->2.7 transition

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 02:33:50PM -0700, Allison Randal wrote:
> We've been discussing Ubuntu's migration from Python 2.6 to 2.7
> lately, and the consensus is that the best path is to wait to drop
> 2.6 until Debian has made the transition to default 2.7.
>
> Would this make a suitable DEX project?

Possibly yes, but only if the bugs you mentioned already have fixes in
Ubuntu. Maybe that fact is obvious to you, but it is not necessarily the
case on this list (and it's not the case for me anyhow :-)). If it is
the case, I believe this could make a very relevant DEX project.

If you can comment on that it'd be great. The next step will then be to
get the debian-python mailing list in the loop.

Cheers.