Re: Debian derivatives front desk: where to from here?

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 10:08:42PM +1030, Karl Goetz wrote:
> > A periodic BoF sounds reasonable. Of course attending DebConf is not
> > always possible, but we should then make very clear that, as
> > DebConf, we *invite* representative from derivatives to attend. That
> > is
>
> I was wondering if having a
> BoF/miniconf/debian-and-its-derivatives-morning at other events would
> be worth while too? They don't have to be big and structured, just a
> way of people to meet face to face when they can.

Sure, absolutely. That is a variant of what I've proposed for FOSDEM
2011. However, at FOSDEM, schedule is quite packed, so I believe the
best chance would be to actually use one of the available 1 hour slot in
the cross-distro room, as I doubt people would be able to have a
discussion slot spontaneously otherwise.

FWIW, we might even organize a proper cross-distro Sprint. In that case,
Debian will be happy to contribute some money to enable people to attend
[1]. Of course, it would be nice if participants from other distros will
ask their own distro some sort of sponsoring to attend :) All it takes,
is a volunteer organizer (hint, hint!).

Cheers.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Sprints