Re: LMDE

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 23:33:35 +0900
Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 11:41:03AM +0100, Clement Lefebvre wrote:
> > I might also ask Ikey Doherty, one of our developers, who coded big parts of
> > the live-installer and identified the steps involved in transforming Debian
> > Testing into a live media, to join in and to be present on this ML.
>
> So, this list is about cooperating with derivatives distribution
> *exactly* to factorize work as much as possible, in the interest of all
> Free Software our there. So ... this topic seems to be a good start :),
> and I confess I would have proposed it if you hadn't.

It'll be great to start collaborating with other people/developers on the
live-installer project and other aspects of LMDE (namely, producing the
LiveCD from Debian Testing). It will be interesting to see where the project
takes off after this.

> I'm Cc:-ing Daniel Bauman who is one of the persons behind Debian Live
> <http://live.debian.net/>, which would surely like to point you to the
> Debian Live team resources to discuss how you can collaborate. (Daniel:
> see http://lists.debian.org/debian-derivatives/2010/09/msg00003.html for
> context and feel free to point us to the appropriate place where do
> discuss live-related stuff with the LMDE people.)
>
> Cheers.

I'll also agree there that cooperation with the Debian Live team would be
beneficial to both projects.

Kind Regards,
Ikey Doherty <ikey@linuxmint.com>