Re: Updating https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuPackagingChanges

(cross-posting to debian-derivatives)

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 09:18:44AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just discovered this wiki page:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuPackagingChanges
>
> Such a summary can be very useful for Debian maintainers to better
> understand changes that Ubuntu has done on their packages. Unfortunately
> the page is really not up-to-date (Breaks is in Debian nowadays for
> example).
>
> I would be great if it could it be updated and then advertised on the
> Debian side.

I didn't see if there were followups to this, but there were several edits
to bring it up to date since you raised the subject:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuPackagingChanges?action=diff&rev2=27&rev1=23

Please note, as I don't think it's entirely clear on the page, that this
only documents *global* changes, i.e. those which apply to packages in
general.  It does not, of course, attempt to describe all of the changes to
every Ubuntu package relative to Debian.

--
 - mdz