Re: derivatives distro census

	Hi!

* Anil Gulecha <anil@nexenta.org> [2010-06-30 15:28:15 CEST]:
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:
> > Rhonda: (since you're an active www team member and also on this list)
> > what do you think it would work best to update, and later on *keep* up
> > to date that page?

 What works best is to give people a hint where to raise their voices
when something should get added or is missing. Or wait ... there _is_
already such a paragraph on the page, so it doesn't seem to work, people
simply don't report missing entries.

> This kind of a thing is where wikis shine. Could this page be
> user-editable.. or moved to a wiki that is user-editable?

 On www.debian.org it can't be wikified. Moving it off the site makes it
less official, and give it more the impression that wikipedia carries
out to some: edit wars, sensitive false-informations sneaked in, ...

 Actually I'm not too much convinced that a wiki would immensly improve
the state of the page if people don't contact the web team to get
entries added.

 tl;dr: Please send additions/corrections to the children-distros page
to debian-www@lists.debian.org and have them done quickly!

 So long!
Rhonda
--
"Lediglich 11 Prozent der Arbeitgeber sind der Meinung, dass jeder
Mensch auch ein Privatleben haben sollte."