Re: DAK Commands for Bikesheds

On 14071 March 1977, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>>> Why would I need to import a package? What's the use case?
>> Wait, what, writing specs need use cases? :)
> Not necessarily, but I am guessing you're writing code so that it is
> useful, no? :)

I'm in dak code, so I'm not always sure... :)

>> Or in a world where you have base-suite X, but let the bikeshed be built
>> against suite Y (say, auto-updating packages from testing, but
>> letting it build against stable).
> Ah, this makes a lot of sense now! What I missed was the part were the
> package gets rebuilt. Will we then get automatically a debian/changelog
> entry saying something like "rebuilt for bs-FOO", just like one would do
> manually in stable-backports?

That would be something on the autobuilder side (rerun builds as soon as
a lib is updated as well as modifying files during the build), and so
outside my control.

--
bye, Joerg
Well, I’m tired of being a wannabe league bowler. I wanna be a league bowler!