Re: DAK Commands for Bikesheds

On 17/09/15 at 15:04 -0400, Robert Edmonds wrote:
> Wookey wrote:
> > +++ Raphael Hertzog [2015-09-17 14:41 +0200]:
> > > Hi,

> > > Please don't call this feature "Bikesheds" and don't hardcode this naming
> > > in the suggested API. It was funny during one Debconf talk... but it won't
> > > be funny in the long term.
> >
> > It wasn't supposed to be a joke. Bikeshed is an appropriate name, in
> > the unix tradition of mildly amusing/punny names.
>
> Which tradition would that be?
>
> Out of the few hundred or so Unix [0] and GNU [1] commands listed on
> Wikipedia, the only vaguely amusing/punning names I can find are tac
> ("cat" backwards) and pinky (a lightweight "finger").

seriously?
apt, aptitude, bash, bison (yacc replacement), curl, curses, flex, gawk,
glut, grub, lame, less, mutt, sane, tar, vim are all project names that
I find at least vaguely amusing.

However we can probably find something more amusing and less loaded than
'Bikeshed' for the project being discussed.

Lucas