Re: Debian Project News - October 15th, 2012

> On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 01:45:32PM +0200, Francesca Ciceri wrote:
>> A huge improvement was also made in pdiff generation: in the past
>> the Debian archive provided diff files to support incremental updates,
>> but without great results. Thanks to a rewrite of the code, it is now
>> possible to merge older diffs together in order to have a faster and
>> more reliable final result: users now only have to download two diffs
>> instead of up to 56.
> is this already deployed? If so, what's the commit ID? :-)

Not yet. It need(ed|s) a few cleanups and stuff, and for various
personal reasons that took more time than anticipated. It should be in
this year, its now nearly merge ready.

--
bye, Joerg
Your mother seems really upset about something. I better go have a talk