Re: FTPTeam: Programming fun task available

[keep me on cc, please]

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 03:06:32PM +0200, Luca Falavigna wrote [edited]:
> Downside of this would be having *alot* of files into "dump" directory.

I see only 49 under dak/dak. Did you mean somewhere else?

btw, I've improved the scheduling algorithm, so that it can handle 1k job sets
(FSM instances) of 6 jobs each in less than a second

> Is Priority really necessary? If tasks have to be run in parallel, it

necessary or not, it's already implemented :)

> Output could include the sorted list of dinstall tasks, then they could
> be run in a threadpool and managed by a per-task lock, so tasks
> depending on others sleep until all of their dependencies are completed.

jobs won't start until they're runnable, so there's no need for sleeping

-S