Re: Automatic processing of d-i byhand uploads

On Saturday 27 October 2007, Anthony Towns wrote:
> I spoke to Colin at debconf about getting automatic processing of d-i
> byhand uploads happening -- rather than needing an ftpmaster to unpack
> the installer-* stuff directly. The dak-side implementation is pretty
> much done now, and works for tags uploads (filling out the "Tag:" fields
> in Packages files) and will hopefully be working for debian-maintainers
> keyring uploads soon.
>
> To get it working for d-i uploads, I need a very reliable script that
> will be invoked as:
>
>  $SCRIPT debian-installer-images_20070308_mips.tar.gz 20070308 mips

Attached my stab at this. As we've got uploads for both unstable and stable
(p-u) coming up, this seemed like a good time.

The script is in shell, basically as that's the only language I'm
sufficiently fluent in.

I've taken the byhand-tag script as basis, but basically written the logic
from scratch. I've included as many sanity checks as I could think of. Let
me know if you feel anything is missing.

In your example invocation above I missed one parameter: the target suite.
This is needed as the script should IMO also work for uploads to stable and
oldstable (it should at least not unpack those into unstable...).
I've worked around this by parsing the suite from the Changes file, which is
passed as the 4th parameter (IIUC from reading process_unchecked.py).
However, it may be more solid to pass that as a separate parameter instead
(preferably with the translation to -proposed-updates already done).

I've tested the script successfully.

Cheers,
FJP