Re: New name: Call for opinions

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008, Ben Armstrong wrote:

No, the more I ponder Debian Remix or Debian (Pure) Blend, the more
these ideas grow on me.  They're both comfortable, attractive names and
"Remix" is applied outside of Debian as well, so it has a better chance
of being understood by an outsider without explanation.  While some of
the acronyms suggested so far have a certain 'cleverness' appeal to
them, the most successful names are not necessarily the most clever.

Is there some volunteer who would take over the work of reviewing past
mails about this issue and creates some stats about name suggestions and
pros / cons.  Alternatively is there some volunteer who would like to
collect the most promissing suggestions to prepare a poll.  I would like
to have a *decision* in the beginning of October.

Kind regards

http://fam-tille.de