Re: Few questions about NAME.postinst and custom packages.

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, Branimir Karajcic wrote:

I am making custom distribution for my company which is using some VOIP
software that is not really well supported via aptitude.

Well, this is no answer to your question, but I would like to know a
little bit more about what you call "not really well supported via aptitude".
Do you want to tell us, that Debian is missing some applications that are
useful to support VOIP?  Which are these packages (URLs, License)?

For some applications I have created debian packages,

Sounds great.  Have you considered to upload your work to mentors.debian.net.
In this case chances are not that bad that the packages will be available
from official Debian (and to stick to your words: "well supported via
aptitude").  If you ask me, this would be a reasonable way to go because
it also supports people how will never know about your customisation work.

for others I couldn't (example Zaptel)

Please excuse my ignorance (I never tried VOIP): What is Zaptel and
why couldn't it packaged.

Maybe this questions are too basic, but I couldn't find detailed Simple-CCD
documentation:

I hope others might step in to answer your real questions instead of adding
some new like I did.

Kind regards

http://fam-tille.de