Re: debtags support proposed for xcontrol

Hi,

On Monday 07 April 2008 20:28, Andreas Tille wrote:
> >> Uhmmmm, I don't agree with this sentence. ;-)
> > Sorry.
> Pah, there is no need to sorry.  Come up with some half bottle
> of Spanish read wine and tell me some funny storry about cats and
> I will forgive anything. ;-))

Andreas, you are not the only one to whom Jonas expressed sorry too :-)
I appreciated his correction.</nitpicking>

> > Updating stuff below the debian dir in the get-orig-source target seems
> > wrong to me:  I would expect that target to only deal with, well,
> > getting the original source as a compressed tarball.

I agree with this.

> No, I don't if you don't call the "make dist" as described in [1]
> which simply masks the "make -f debian/rules get-orig-source" as
> "automated".

Uh. So there is ./Makefile (which contains the dist target), which then
calls ./debian/rules, which then modifies ./ - this seems ugly to me too.

In debian-edu-doc one has to call "./debian/rules get-orig-sources" directly
(and this only modifies the upstream source in the package, but not the
packaging.)

I also share Jonas opinion that native packages should be avoided and consider
them legacy.

regards,
	Holger