Re: Dummy packages and metapackages (call for consistency in the descriptions)

Hi,

I'm forewarding this posting (see
for the whole thread) to debian-custom because it seems to require some action
on our side.  While I'm currently to busy to start a "renaming effort" in our
docs and packages, we should think about a reasonable wording for the things
we used to call meta packages.  The arguing of Henrique is reasonable even if
I'm not completely convinced.  So what do you think about it.  IMHO we should
discuss this issue here instead of bloating debian-devel and post a summarize
to the thread once we found a consensus.  (I admit that I personally hate naming
discussions, but I hat the confusion wrong names might cause even more.)

Kind regards

           Andreas.