Re: Asia Debian Mini-Conf: CfP and Registrations Reminder

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005, Roger So wrote:

This is a friendly reminder that the Call for Papers for the Asia Debian
Mini-Conf 2005[1] will close in a little less than two weeks.
Thanks for the reminder.

ADMC2005 will be held in Beijing, China on Monday February 28 and
Tuesday March 1. The main purpose is to bring Developers and other
people interested in Debian together for a technical conference. As this
is the first time such a conference is held in Asia, we're not sure how
this will turn out, but it's looking more and more likely to be a very
successful one!
I have read no sign that anybody wanted to talk about Cutom Debian
Distributions.  It sounds a little bit silly to me to flight from
Europe to China if we would have people in Asia which would be able
to talk here.  The last message from Enrico came form Taiwan if I'm
not completely wrong.

The sponsors of the event has been very generous, and will pay for both
travel and accommodation expenses for speakers of this event. So if you
have something you would like to speak about, please submit your
papers[2] now! :)
Anybody who is able to hold a talk by not wasting the money of the sponsor
just for stupid flight tickets.  If nobody steps in here I would consider
applying for a talk myself.

Kind regards

http://fam-tille.de