Re: Creating a list to track cvs changes

On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 10:02, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 08:57:07PM -0300, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> > On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 19:41, Sergio Talens-Oliag wrote:
> > >   So, which list(s) should we use? I think that using only one called
> > >   *cdd-cvs* should be enough.
> >
> > I agree.  That's a good name.  Are the other admins in agreement?
>
> I've seen 'foo-commits' elsewhere. Is there a policy on naming
> mailing-lists for alioth? Everybody seems to cook up his own policy WRT
> list naming it seems.

I don't know whether there is a policy.  But giving it a second thought,
I take back my recommendation for cdd-cvs.  The cdd-commits name is
revision control system neutral.  Given that once we create the list,
we're stuck with it forever, and supposing that at some point CVS might
fall out of favour and be replaced with something better, I think
cdd-commits will serve us better in the long term.

When we're done, I'm sure this is good material for some doc somewhere.
But where?  Gforge doc?  Alioth doc?  Developers-reference (best
practices for hosting a project, whether hosted at Alioth or elsewhere?)

Ben