Please avoid using ambiguous language

On debian-private somebody wrote (leaked with permission):
> some billion(*)
> (*) German: Milliarden

Can we please decide as a project to avoid using ambiguous English words
like billion or trillion and move to proper SI prefixes or exponential
notation, as appropriate?

We would also have to decide how to decide this, of course, and then how
to enforce the decision, whatever that is.

I believe this would be enough material for at least a baker's dozen new
threads on the appropriate mailing lists, plus the spurious ones on
inappopriate ones. :D

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''