Re: I/O issues with writing to mtdblock devices on kirkwood
- To: Iain McFarlane <email@example.com>
- Cc: JM <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Ian Campbell <email@example.com>, Debian Curiosa <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: I/O issues with writing to mtdblock devices on kirkwood
- From: Gunnar Wolf <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 08:12:47 -0500
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20151023131247.GB46370@gwolf.org>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <5626B4DC.firstname.lastname@example.org> <5627F4E8.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <5628022A.email@example.com> <CAKzmTe2Z2hOTuHYcXx9HUjJbri1Tm9qwye-rxxsWNxrsjGqpfirstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Iain McFarlane dijo [Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 10:31:45PM +0100]:
> On 21/10/15 22:28, JM wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 11:22 PM, Iain McFarlane <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> >> On a different note anyone know why udev would not be running modprobe?
> >> Every time I reboot this box I have to the reload any of the modules not
> >> specified in the initrd even things like mvmdio to get the network working.
> > If you see something like ' kmod_search_moddep() could not open moddep
> > file' in your logs, you need to run depmod -a manually.
> > I've had it happen once for not entirely clear reasons, but probably
> > related to the interrupted kernel package installation.
> > HTH,
> > Jan
> > PS Now we have Ian, Iain and Jan posting in this thread.
> I tried that but no luck - any other ideas?
Maybe we should try getting Juan, Ann, Jane or Yann involved?