ITP: jidanni -- a natural intelligence to find many bugs

reopen 576184
owner 576184 bartm@debian.org
stop

Hi pabs,

I see you gave up on this ITP on 31 Aug 2012. Do you mind that I take over this
ITP ? It's a promising piece of software we should definately consider
packaging in Debian. There is however still quite some work on this software,
and unfortunately my attempts to contact upstream on making the software
conform to Debian standards haven't been very successful so far.  My
preliminary tests were quite disappointing. At times the software more behaves
like a random number generator, even a very pseudo one.  For example it mixes
experimental and unstable, which makes this software definately rc-buggy for
now.  So a first upload would certainly go in experimental, not in unstable.
Thanks for your extensive analysis of the software on this ITP, which is a good
jump-start for me to make myself familiar with this software.  I see that
you've already spent quite some effort on this software, so your expertise may
be useful for getting the software ready for Debian, and maintaining it
afterwards, so here's my question : are you interested in co-maintaining this
package ? No hard feelings if the answer is "no", because I fully understand
that there are limits to a person's time and interest.

Regards,

Bart Martens